Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Potty Trained

Mason is officially potty trained. As for my tactics since everybody has asked me, it really wasn't one particular way. I would try one and he wouldn't follow it according to the plan the books would say so we just kinda did it our own. He already knew what the potty was and what he was suppose to do in it since we let him watch us and then he had a potty movie so that was pretty easy. The hardest was him initiating he needed to go potty and he knew he wasn't suppose to go in his pants so he thought it was cool to just go in his pants, put his clothes in the hamper like i showed him and get a new pair of underwear on and act like nothing had happened. Although that's not what we wanted, I was proud he knew it was not okay and tried to fix it on his own. Thanks to my friend Brittney she suggested we just take away the diapers completely and that was pretty much when he was trained. I decided to make a potty chart and when he went ten times in a row and put a sticker on Toodles (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) he got a dollar store prize. After he completed the whole thing I took him to the store and let him pick out a nice toy and surprise he chose yet another truck. This time a cement truck, a typical boy! He has an occasional accident and struggles with #2 in the potty still, but overall he is great and can tell me when he needs to go! I love not changing diapers and especially love not paying for them!





CELEBRATING!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Hooray for potty-trained kids!

Kellie Henry said...

He is so funny. When I watched him, I could tell I was used to girls. I was like push it down!!! LOL, it gets everywhere!!!

89876 said...

He plays naked. Whores. That I feel like fucking him.